by Fleriser Bello, @fleriserbello
#ThrowBackThursday – Check out what these Latino singers were rocking back in the 80’s as they began their music career – fashionable, in style and absolutely chic!
1. Gloria Estefan, beginning stages of her career with the Miami Sound Machine, expressed the success and wealth image of the 80’s fashion decade through Gloria’s big curly bouffant hairstyle, hoop earrings, off the shoulder tops and leather jacket.
2. Paulina Rubio and Thalia in the musical group Timbiriche. These ladies definitely knew how to rock their trendy 80’s style! With bright color garments, puff shoulder pads jackets, bouffant hairstyles and heavy make-up expressed – ‘El glamour!’
3. Punk rock Latina star Gloria Trevi, rocked the over the shoulder denim tee’s, slouch socks, combat boots, and bouffant hairstyle – a true Fashionistas!
4. Inspired by the 80’s ‘Preppy look’, handsome Ricky Martin of Menudo, rocked his feathered long blondish hair with a light weight shirt and a single breasted blazer – super Papucho!
5. These naturally curly hair Latinas did not have a problem with fitting-in with the 80’s ‘crimping’ look, they simply just had to wet and air-dry their hair. Lucero, singer and actress rocked the bouffant hair style expressing a sex-appeal; playful, big, bold and wild.